In all of the jurisdictions within which we practice, any person once they have sufficient interest in a decision made by any public authority. 

A public authority may be a Minister of Government, Permanent Secretary,  Statutory Appeal Boards, Commissioner of Police, Inland Revenue Commissioner, Statutory Corporations, planning boards and other public officers established under Legislation.

It is important that these applications are brought before the court speedily. This is done by filing an application for judicial review. If you are affected by a decision made by a public authority, you can obtain orders from the court setting aside the decision or finding that the decision was illegal. 

We have experience acting for both applicants, i.e. persons affected by the decisions and the respondents to applications i.e. the public authorities. 

Back to Administrative & Constitutional Law